A Change is an abstract way Buildbot uses to represent a single change to the source files performed by a developer. In version control systems that support the notion of atomic check-ins a change represents a changeset or commit.
Change comprises the following information:
- the developer that is responsible for the change
- the list of files that the change added, removed or modified
- the message of the commit
- the repository, the codebase and the project that the change corresponds to
- the revision and the branch of the commit